The following criteria are utilized in reviewing and judging nominations:
Who may apply?
· Any individual, organization, group, family, or business actively engaged in volunteer service.
· Award nominees must be residents of Montcalm or Ionia Counties or volunteer within Montcalm or Ionia Counties.
· Volunteer Activity must take place within 12 months of the month submitted.
How are the nominees judged?
Celebrating Volunteers Awards are given to individuals who find innovative ways to meet community needs, efforts which often lead to long-term solutions and impact social problems in their local communities.
· Activity must meet a community need or concern.
· Activity must include Hands-on service that results in building community connections within local non-profits and the populations they serve.
· Activity must be ongoing or create a model that can be replicated within the community.
· Activity should demonstrate real impact from the activity. How funds were raised? How people were impacted? How the community benefited?
· Activity should reflect innovative or unique approaches to solving social problems or examples of why the volunteer activity stands out.
How can I submit a nomination?
To nominate a volunteer, fill out the online nomination form or contact the United Way Montcalm-Ionia Counties for an application at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in the Celebrating People in Action Volunteers of the Month Program.